View Single Post
Old July 28th, 2005
Novicius

Littlegirlslie21 is flying high

Okay still not working... but here's some info!
* Please answer the above questions so we have some type of info to help us work out where your problem may lay. Also please do the following tests:
1. OS version? OS 10.2.8
2. What firewalls you have?how do i figure this out???
3. How much ram?256 MB
4. Hard Disk space available? not sure, how do i figure out this.
5. Connection type? (eg: dialup, broadband, cable, etc.) Cable
6. Modem & router brand name & model numbers? Comcast
7. Where are you trying to connect from (home, school, work, etc.)? home, apartment building.
8. What version of Limewire (LW) & Java do you have? (Go to LW's menu Help>About LW...) Will show both LW & Java version.
9. Is this a your 1st try at LW or is this a new problem with an experienced user? I've used Limewire years ago, but uninstalled it, so i'm new in that aspect. So for the most part yes. It use to only run in Classic mode, I hate that.

* Do this simple test for us. Using your browser go here: http://www3.limewire.com:6346/ The page should say 'Your test worked!'. What happens when you go there? That test did NOT work.

* Do this test: Bug Report instructions & sample image Is the result True/False? False

* "IF" you have OSX's firewall active then please see this about configuring it to allow LW full access: Firewall configuration instructions (click on link)- Tried that, set it all up, didn't work!

I'm not the most computer literate person, but i'm trying. All the help would be appreciated, thanks so much!
-m