View Single Post
Old July 28th, 2005
Valued Member contributor

LeeWare is a great assister to others; your light through the dark tunnel
Post Re: Down;loads

Quote:
Originally posted by Sick of the Leeches
1 : And How do you stop the Uploads out of the incomplete folder

2: How do you stop the Uploads when you have actually disconected Limewire?? they dont stop even when it's shut down

I have to reboot my computer to stop the Leeching on my system..

Is there another program that allows you to control who can leech from your computer because Lime wire is absolutly Bloody useless at this

It appears that you want to operate in leech mode that is be able to download stuff but not upload. Is this correct and if so, why?

Regarding upload requests coming from your computer even when the program is disconnected -- Well, when you disconnect limewire you just stop it from returning results to the network. But as long as the program is still running that is, in the system tray or as a window -- it acts like a web server and continues to provide files for people who have that computer listed as a source for downloads. Even after you reboot your computer those requests will continue to come in for some time and there's nothing you can do about it.

As for how to configure your limewire for leech mode -- I could tell you how to do it but I won't especially not on the forum because the forums are full with people complaining of download problems could you image the problems people would have if everyone started to configure their clients so that no one can upload from them?