Thread: Browsing Hosts
View Single Post
Old July 29th, 2005
Valued Member contributor

Grandpa will become famous soon enough

I do not think that is that they are not sharing althougt some may not be. Last night I was doing some testing trying to brouse host that were DL from me. I came up with some strange results I would write down IP adress then try to brouse most of the time I would get nothing on the screen or cant brouse host message. I would then kill the DL if I did not get any results. Some of these IP adresses would show up latter and I would brouse them again and on a few of them I was able to get results, But if I tried to brouse them again no results. The brouse host feature on LW does not appear to work very well and needs allot of improvement. I do not believe the freeloader option works at all because if it did, on the host that it says unable to brouse should no be allowed to DL from you at all due to the fact that they a showing 0 files shared since they cannot be broused. And while I was testing I had it set to a min of 10 files shared and 75% of the people DL from me had the message cannot be broused. So that says to me it is not working it is just there to pasify people but I am no expert just do allot of testing to see what works and what does'nt.

Latter Grandpa