View Single Post
Old July 29th, 2005
Novicius

Nocturno is flying high

In my experience with the FTC and national copyright laws...Limewire is just trying to stay alive and not be eaten to be shutdown completely.

Now, they are just doing good what Napster forgot to do when it started. They are preveting fro mgetting shut-down as better as possible by showing you many probable causes of downloading.

In effect, that pop-up:

Quote:
" LIMEWIRE IS UNABLE TO FIND A LICENSE FOR THIS FILE DO YOU WANT TO DOWNLOAD ANYWAY ? THEN IT GOES ON SAYING PLEASE RESPECT YOU LOCAL COPYRIGHT LAWS." I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO. SHOULD I GO AHEAD AND DOWNLOAD OR GET A LICENSE. CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME OUT THERE IF YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO IN THIS SIUATION.
Is just to scare you away if you are in the USA. If you are an international country, you probably don't receive it, right?

But if you are in the USA, you are I.P address is something that is being tracked and recorded from the moment you downloaded Limewire version.

It is my knowledge that if you use cable modem, you can easily be tracked, and if you use a DSL modem...you can't be tracked so easily.

If you are in either one of those like almost 98% of the US & international population, repair your I.P I guess.

Was this post meant to break U.S rules, NO...it was meant to clarify some thoughs and so skepticism related to limewire. I should NOT be hold against my right concerning limewire use and/or am responsible for its users.

Nocturno

Last edited by Nocturno; July 30th, 2005 at 12:38 PM.