View Single Post
Old July 29th, 2005
Novicius

rollingstones is flying high
Default beta observations

Hi everyone,I started using Lime Wire about a month ago.I hate alot of the p2p platforms(ie)Kazza,but Lime Wire has alot of potential.I run windows (me) at the moment,but I'm building a pc,so I will be switching to (xp) soon.I just downloaded the 4.9.10 version,and was surprised to find out that 4.9.11 version was released.You guys sure keep busy.I like that.It shows you care about improvements to make LimeWire the best.

I run AVG plus.It has firewall and virus protection built into one program.At first I could not get LimeWire to connect at all ,so I got rid of my avg program.I plan to reinstall,and configure the avg program back on my system.The firewall was set up not to block out limewire,but that was not the whole problem.I'm still working on those problems.The 4.9.10 version seems to run smooth running windows (me).I am switching to version 11.We need time to test out these new versions.

I use windows media player,and quicktime.I hate real player.I had a older version of real player that worked great,until I upgraded the real player.The interface on the old version was way less abtrusive.

I use Ace media player for my main player.This player is only a shell,but it handles all the different types of files.Windows,Quick time,and Real Player,without demanding alot of resources.You need the other main programs on your system for ace to work,but it serves as a simple interface for file extensions.You zoom on the picture quality with some buttons right on the player,and some other great feaures.If all else fails,keep it simple.I'm sure everyone has there own preference here.

I cant download any wmv files at all.It wants to look,and accuire a license.I was reading about some of the problems with the wmv files,and adware.I guess I could just filter them out of my search.I am looking for a better universal divx player that handles more codecs to deal with wmv files.I'm a sucker for problems,I guess.

I did not really key on beta issues in this post,but it is important for your programs to work with LW.I do WISH they would take out the advertisment for upgrading to pro.That gets really annoying everytime you open up the program.I will try to give more direct observations for the 4.9.11 LW,once I install it

Last edited by rollingstones; July 29th, 2005 at 07:26 PM.