View Single Post
Old July 30th, 2005
Disciple

Nightshade722 is flying high
Default Skin doesn't work HELP! "Out of Date" solution !!!

I just finished making a skin and i have all the files with the right format and everything. I zip it up and change the extension to .lwtp and it makes that extra folder named the same thing that contains all the image files from the .lwtp file. I go into LimeWire and select my skin from the drop down menu and a message pops up:

The skin you selected is out of date. Please download the latest version.

[Get new skins] [Later]

What? Out of date?! WTF?! Someone help. It's most likely a very simple solution.

.:: [EDIT] ::.

I figured out the problem. At least mine anyway. After I zipped the theme folder (i.e. gothic_theme) I changed the file extension to .lwtp like your supposed to do. Then i put it in the themes folder in with all the others. You probably notice that it unpacks the files into the original folders again after running LW once, so not only is there a gothic_theme.lwtp file but the folder gothic_theme (with all of the pics and stuff) is also there now too. However, if you open the folder, there is another folder within that, and then inside that one is all of the files. LW won't read into two folders so you have to take the inner folder out and delete the other one.

So it should be like this:

THE WRONG WAY ---> gothic_theme/gothic_theme/imagefiles and theme.txt

THE RIGHT WAY ---> gothic_theme/imagefiles and theme.txt

And then of course you still need the .lwtp file as well. That should clear everyones "Out of Date" problem up.

Last edited by Nightshade722; July 30th, 2005 at 05:46 AM.