View Single Post
Old July 30th, 2005
Apprentice

ctimbers1 is flying high
Question

Ok, I don't know about the router, but I have additional info that might help further evaluate the cause.

It seems to be connected to the monitor, whether it's Lime's software or a setting on my computer that needs to be readjusted I don't know. Hopefully someone can help, please.

So here's what else I tried:

In Control Panel, Display Options:

- Tried just turning off the option that the computer would shut off after being idle. No Change.

- Tried turning off screensaver. Seemed ok, until I turned off the monitor so the image wouldn't burn into my screen (computer still on and connected)
[this time, I noticed that's when those connection problems came up again - when the screensaver kicked in or the monitor was turned off.]

- Left the screensaver off, monitor on and it's been fine for almost half an hour.

So, I am wondering how to make it ok to shut off the monitor or let the screensaver run (thus saving my monitor) without interrupting the Limewire software - how to not have those connection problems anymore just because of the monitor.

Any help please?????

Thank you very much!

ps. to Mor; no problem - if this can't be resolved, I might be looking to install an older version myself, so it's all related. Thanks.

Last edited by ctimbers1; July 30th, 2005 at 02:34 PM.