View Single Post
Old August 6th, 2005
Novicius

kelnar_warrior is flying high

AS this seems to be confession time I must add my 2 cents forward. so sit back and have a laugh at this. I have been involved with computers for a quarter of a century now. I have spent the last 6 years working on various helpdesks for all the ISP in my fair country. I have heard so many horror stories over the years I believed using P2P software was too dangerous to be of any benefit. I recently found mp3 sites based in either the ukraine or russia that seemed to provide a cheaper alternative to itunes and the rest. and their contracts and terms seemed to allow legal music that was very cheap. I knew something wasn't right but in a rush to save money, and fill my addictive personality I bought up big. I have came to learn that they were illegal as one was shutdown (www.mclub.te.net.ua)

So what changed, I had good communication with these guys so when they suggested a file sharing program called bt2net I thought hmm, ok well these guys have never done wrong by me and downloaded the program and started to run it. It did offer a free trial I loved it as all their files were on the file sharing program. right down to the bitrate. I bought the program to use fully then it happened bugs in the program cause massive errors and forced me to re-install windows 11 times in one week and lossed the ability to use the porgram. I tried to contact the support team but was driven nuts by no response. I went looking for another program to get my fix of music (I am addicted to downloading, it doesn't matter what I just need to download something, my music collection can attest to this, currently in 3 figures of GB) I came across allcoolmusic and started to email them trying to find what I was looking for. remembering all the stories I had heard. but with my head in a spin from all the anger and hate about being cheated I made the mistake of believing that they had a private network that I could tap into. Once I paid up the 2 year plan with dvd movie access I saw the program and completely freaked. LW is freeware of the internet folk, I have used the program and grown to like it but I felt cheated. I emailed them again and again but nothing. So I did what any hatemonger would do in that situation, cut my loses got out ,my revenge book and wrote them into it (makes a good read and if I ever get a nuke then they will be sucking up mushroom death)

I guess the best thing to do with these guys is let everyone know what is going on. newbies and old hands alike. I am putting serious thought into taking a full page advert in all computer mags about these guys and how they are cheating everyone. And to those who want revenge here is an idea.

if these guys believe they can hide behind their contracts then change your attack path to the CC company that allows them to make their money. The online companies that make money from their adverts. and RIAA that they are pushing pirating as being legal. Use RIAA's all consuming resourses to shut them down for marketing their "nemesis".

Shame them with publicity, drag them into the light and set fire to them. (see hatemonger at work, Helpdesk )

Another idea is to set up a site that lists all the offenders and their allies. if google wants to make money then shame them into taking these sites down. I am sure microsoft would love to destroy these filth.

any other ideas I would love to hear. to others who have been caught by them use your anger to strike back at the companies in a way that will hurt them where it counts. and Like the rest of the guys and gals say in here. be very careful when signing up for anything. the net is a wonderful place but as with all things scum will try to trick you at every turn.

Hail Freedom
Death to all scammers