Thread: Scripts error
View Single Post
Old August 6th, 2005
Gnutella Admirer

u2btrfly is flying high
Angry Rid of virus now scripts error.

Yes Grandpa, we got rid of the virus. Only it wasn't a virus at all. I happened to go to AVG and downloaded that. I was having problems with the virus, AVG told me not to run to AV's at the same time. Then they told me that the virus that I described wasn't a virus at all. It was a false-positive. I'm steamed!

I contacted Avast and they said to just wait and see if my system was running all right for about a week and then to put the contents into my systems again. Now I just don't understand that kind of logic. I ran with AVG and got rid of the Avast and the contents in their chest (by mistake) and now I am left with the scripts error as I described above. I think the contents may have included the dll. If you or anyone else can help me with this one, it would be appreciated. Hewlett Packard is trying to help, but they gave me instructions on running a scrubber.exe. I had to uninstall my printer, but after the pseudo-virus was gone, so was HP in my start programs. So I had to reinstall over it so I could uninstall. This is getting complicated. They are trying to help, but I can't print out the instructions.

I know this doesn't have anything to do with viruses per se; I believe it's due to Avast's false postive though. So now I can't seem to get my system back in order. These errors pop up all over the place if I try to print or fill out a form.

I was wondering if a scan disc and fix errors would help, or maybe the PC pitstop, or REGISTRY MECHANIC software would help. I just don't know. If anyone does, please help.

Last edited by u2btrfly; August 6th, 2005 at 09:09 AM.