View Single Post
Old August 7th, 2005
Valued Member contributor

Grandpa will become famous soon enough
Default UL differences between Ultrapper and Leaf Why?

OK when running in Leaf mode through the router using UPnP and firewall icon showing that most of the files that I share will show UL in the library after ruining for a while lets say 12 hrs.
When running in the above mode it appears that people have a harder time connecting to me by this I mean that most of the time but not all of the time all UL slots will be filled 10 an 1 or 2 waiting in line this generally takes about 10 min.
Now when running in Leaf mode through the router, port forwarding no firewall icon only the files that LW reports as being in other locations show UL . The same holds true if running in Ultrapper in this mode. Fore some reason I can not run in ultrapper when using UPnP although others report they can. Anyway people can connect to me allot easier when port forwarding. When running in port forward mode all slots are filled in 1 min 10 with 10 waiting this is all the time.
Can anyone explain why this is happening. Could it be because it is easier to connect to me and these files are more popular that this is happening.
What determines how LW reports locations. It obviously is by the # of people that share a file, because if it was then most of my files would show locations not just 7 out of 300+, 60gb of files.
When I do a search for the file that has the most locations in my library 123 it shows between 10 an 15 people sharing the file. If I do a search for a popular file that shows 0 locations in my library I will get results showing between 25 and 40 people sharing the file.
So any way could somebody enlighten me . It appears to me that for UL purposes it is better for me to run in UPnP even though it messes with my router and Internet capabilities due to the fact than any rare files that I might have will have a better chance of being share in this mode.

java.com - Hot Games, Cool Apps

A little common sense goes a long way

Later Grandpa