View Single Post
Old August 8th, 2005
Devotee

jschmidt is flying high
Default Re: Sizing bar gone and Mislabeled Bandwidth Indicator

Schmitty03,

Thanks for the note about the bandwidth indicator typo. It is fixed in the next version (4.9.18).

Regarding the left-to-right resizability of the search tab, we made the conscious decision to simplify the UI and remove this 'feature' because many people had (accidentally) hidden the search fields and could not find them again. Many people (like yourself) have missed this feature... perhaps we will be able to add it as a preference in the future.

Justin

Quote:
Originally posted by Schmitty03
Hey everyone,

I too am quite pleased with how 4.9.11 has turned out, and also enjoy the new splash screen.

However, I really liked the ability in 4.8.x and prior to resize the sub-windows to show what I want to see. The sizing bar is still there for going between downloads and search results, but it is now missing between the search bar and the search results. Now more of the information I like to view is out of my screen size, and I need to resize something else or scroll quite a bit. Just a little functionality that was greatly used before...

Also I just noticed a little typo in the options screen under the new Status Bar location: in the Bandwidth Indicator portion, you can select or deselect showing the BI, but the text is asking if you want to show your Firewall Indicator (which is two options above the BI). Just a small thing... but new users might be wondering if that does anything at all when it is mislabeled.

Thanks and keep up the amazing work!