Thread: 99% glitch?
View Single Post
Old November 6th, 2001
Unregistered

I finally trashed my incomplete 99% download after 4 days of waiting on it. I re-queued it for download, and it's now going through it's 100%-50%-100%-60% cycle again.

Copying the .JOB and .PAR files and changing extensions is fine with movies or music I suppose, but not so good for ISO's or ZIP's - which need to be complete.

Today it did something really strange too - I left it on, and when I came back it had quit and lost all partial downloads.

Basically, the program works GREAT for little files, mp3s, etc. Fastest gnutella client I've used yet. But for larger files, the segmented downloading isn't up to snuff yet. It drops too much of the file!

Xolox should check every 10% or so to see if the .PAR's can be joined - if not, rollback - that way you only lose at most 10% of your file. No more 50% loss. With a 600MB ISO, it can take forever when it constanly drops half the file....

Just some thoughts. And, if anyone's figured a solution to the 99% thing, let me know. I'm beginning to wonder if ANYONE has a 100% complete file? That would explain why it always stops at 99%, no one out there has that last 1%!!

--pharaoh