View Single Post
Old August 9th, 2005
On Holiday

Only A Hobo is a great assister to others; your light through the dark tunnel
Default Albumwrap Chapter One Helpful I hope

To all uploaders and downloaders of Albumwrap(ALBW) which is a single downloadable file similar to an mp3 , but which cannot be played, as is, but must have the smaller files in it "unwrapped", there are a few things that I have noticed and these are so far. these:

1/. Albumwraps cannot be previewed. If you try to preview one and you find you can the album is just a complete album on 1 mp3 and not wrapped.

2/. Check the file size of an ALBW as there are many out there of 4 or 5 megabites, which are either incomplete or tracks off ALBWs that some one has missnamed.

3/. ALBWs can be unwrapped using a free extractor: google to obtain one. If you wish to make albumwraps you must obtain, for a fee, the software Google as above.

4/. There are those who upload complete albums and possibly have seen ALBW on albums and think it includes all single file albums and entitle their upload ALBW (Please don't)

5/. If you are making an ALBW please ensure that each track has, when listed in ALBW, at the very least a different number.
>6/. If you try to extract all the files from an ALBW and all have exactly the same name, the extractor will only extract one track. You then have to move this file or rename it before it is possible to extract another track. The tracks may well appear with the correct tag but in the extractor they can all be titled after the album This takes ages! In a perfect world you can extract all the tracks and whip them into iTunes in under a minute.

I haven't tried to make ALBWs yet so I don't know the features from that point of view.

I don't know if it's possible to put this in the stickies under Albumwrap, as the thread is closed, but I thought it might help others it was in there??