View Single Post
Old August 9th, 2005
Gnutella Admirer

u2btrfly is flying high
Question Newbie needs info about Mozilla et al.

Hello again all you wonderful people who know so much more than I!

After my last bout with IE and my script error, "zapped" dll, spyware, fake virus, and everything else I have to contend with, I am seriously considering switching to Firefox. Courtesy of Deepblue, I read the link regarding Firefox, and it sounds like it would be just what I want.

Now, in plain terms that even I could understand, how difficult would it be to switch?

Would my Limewire Pro still work on it? Would I have to reinstall it?

What about my favorites I have saved in IE and all the files I have saved in Windows 98SE?

Would I have to reinstall any software, printer, CD burner, or anything like that?

Do I keep my OE through my ISP and can I save my address book? Would it just be easier to import my address book from OE to Thunderbird? Hotmail?

I know these may sound like stupid questions, but as one of my professors once said, "The only stupid question is the one not asked." Like I said, I went to their site but could not understand some of the computerese.

Also, should I get the entire Mozilla suite, or start with Firefox and get the rest as I get comfortable with it? What's different between the two?

This is a lot and it sounds like I'm asking for a manual!! But, really, I need some input from you as you've all helped me before.

Thanks so much.

P.S. Billabong - I like your graphics, wanna do one for me?!
PPS: Guess you can tell I'm as aspiring writer LOL!