View Single Post
Old August 10th, 2005
Novicius

yoopersister is flying high
Default browse host/uploading

Hello, I am relatively new to Limewire (2 weeks), and I am learning quite a lot. I have read with interest the threads regarding blocking someone from downloading from you if they don't share files.

When I first started using limewire, I didn't even know people could upload from my computer. Since learning that, I have gone into options and set it up as well as fixing my firewall to allow it.

To address the issue of connection speeds, I have a 56K modem, dial up, but my dial up speed is only 24k. According to my ISP, this is due to the antiquated wiring in this area, and is the best I can expect.

It does not stop me from allowing people to upload, it just is terminally slow. They say patience is a virtue. So, please, have some with us. Perhaps the people you are trying to access are also new at this and just haven't learned yet.

Browse Host? I tried it, sometimes I am succesfull and sometimes not. Just discovered inserting IP's into direct connect last night, and used my brothers number, who downloaded limewire the same time I did. Sometimes I was able to access his list and sometimes I was not. He said he had to try about 12 times to get into mine.

So I do not think blocking someone just because you cannot get into their computer is a good thing. Maybe this also just takes patience.

I would like to thank all of you for all the wonderful music I have been able to obtain since I found Limewire. And am happy to share it all with anyone.

And I am trying to read part of the Forum daily to gather all the info I can regarding this great thing called Limewire.