Thread: Why use 1.8?
View Single Post
Old November 6th, 2001
Apprentice

limeuser is flying high

Personally, I was happy with the inacurate horizon estimation 'cause when that number was, say, below 300GB my search results were depreciated, so I knew I had to temporarily increase my number of connections.

I like the Audio search field you get when you search by type 'Audio...', but often search results aren't at all what you'd expect. Run a search for Title "iii" (or Album set to "iii") , artist "led zepplin" and you'll find pages of stuff a. not by led zepplin, b. not containing 'iii', and/or c. without any artist/album/title.

For populating these results you are to go to the Library and "Annotate" your files(??). This seems like a bad design idea; I share hundreds of files. I don't want to spend the next month creating this database of information that is elsewise right there in the ID3 tags -- it should automatically extract that info.

Finally, I am happier with xmms than LimeWire for sound playing. I would far prefer LimeWire to default to launching netscape and passing the mp3 off to it, so I can just use the MIME type to trigger xmms.