View Single Post
Old August 10th, 2005
On Holiday

Only A Hobo is a great assister to others; your light through the dark tunnel

Lord, I have learned something .... I didn't realise you could change the titles of the tracks in the albumwrap extractor. ... I never even tried!

I have also experimented with all my media players on my Mac OSX to try and play an unwrapped album wrap. I have NOT tried Limewires player, but VLC, Windows Media, ITunes and quick time will not play it BUT Real Player, which I'd forgotten I had, as it seems useless for most things, DOES! As I use iTunes to preview files by default, it is my experience that iTunes will definitely not play an album wrap. If it is able to preview a file, then that file is definitely not an albumwrap.

All a properly tagged mp3 requires when being wrapped is a track number in the Albumwrap list and when unwrapped all the rest of the information will be on the tag.

As you have made clear to this idiot, titles can be changed on the extractor, I assume they can equally easily be changed at the other end.

My post was prompted by, as you might guess, having just unwrapped an album the long way. Between us we might make it easier for the next guy!