View Single Post
Old August 12th, 2005
Apprentice

Fearless is flying high
Talking Source Codes & quicker downloads

First I would like to thank LOTR for hearing my cry for help, and HOBO positive reinforcement and above and beyond the call of duty for added info.

Sources codes is a tech thing, (just learned that p2p is peer-to-peer) a flashing link at the bottom of the LimeWire's downloading program box states "click here to support open source and open protocols" and "click here to turbo charge with source codes" but it's greek to me. I thought maybe it was something I could do to help my LW be more effective. Oh well, I'll have to make some time to look deeper per LOTR advice and link provided by HOBO. BTW, you'all ROCK!

Another question: I'm becoming bilingual via a new Mac and my history is with windows. I get frustrated with my ibook G4 because I'm still learning (and I'm happy) but could you advise me to sites (whatever) that have good tutorials, step-by-step (I'm going to use the blonde card on this one) instructions on how to make the most of my Mac? apple.com doesn't really help unless I pay $75 for a support phone call, good grief, and sometimes I have comprehension issues. So I'm looking for a helpful Mac sites that will guide me/assist me in my growth. OR if someone would like to be my mentor......?

In any case, come this week I'll have better feedback but I wanted to make sure I gave a sincere and humble thank you to my mac/apple family.