View Single Post
Old November 7th, 2001
Novicius

omnivector is flying high
Smile New to the community

Hi all, I'm new to the developer community, and I was hoping to get any comments possible on my ideas. I wanted to implement a few gui features, namely the following:

- Add "Search within results" to filter out results in a given search tab.

- Combine the Uploads and Downloads window in a tab named "Transfers" and I'm currently still not sure where i'd move the search queries status that's on the top of the monitor tab, but i'll find a place for it. This will put all transfers in one window and as well, would give more space for the search results window (Similar to napster).

- Add all the dialog options for adding files to your shared library in the accual library window (this seems a bit more intuative). Even though they are already in the File menu, it should be visually in the window as well.

- Change the status bar to something that resembles the typical Windows c++ component status bar.. takes up less space, and you could also include other things here (what i'm not sure yet).

Anyways as you can tell i'm a visual perfectionist, so if you have any other GUI ideas please reply.

Last edited by omnivector; November 7th, 2001 at 12:30 PM.