View Single Post
Old August 14th, 2005
Lerpa

Exclamation

OK, I have HAD IT.

I did a search for images with query "y z" (query words replaced by letters because, frankly, it's none of your damn business what I'm downloading or searching for). One of the results has the filename "x y z" (x is a word not in my search query), only one source, and a modem speed.

IT TURNS OUT TO BE A ****** IPOD SPAM.

This is ridiculous. Even normal, legit-looking search results can no longer be trusted, nevermind the ones showing swarms of T1 sources that are always named after your search query. There was no way even in principle to spot this thing lurking among the non-spammers in the search results -- it had a typical size and format for a photograph (a jpeg in the 20-100k range). At least the wmvs are anomalously small in filesize compared to legit videos, but there seems to be NO FRIGGING WAY TO AVOID THE JPEGS. This HAS TO CHANGE!

I don't care what it takes. MAKE THIS STOP. NOW.

I can't even delete the damn thing until the next time I want to reboot, since when I do, the next time Limewire downloads a file explorer will hang and the whole machine will become slow and unusable -- yes, this happens any time I delete anything from the download directory and then download something new, no thanks to ****** Microsoft and their incompetent armies of Middle Eastern minimum wage programmers. Most computer companies are smart enough to hire those only in their call centers, for crying out loud.

Needless to say, I don't autoshare my downloads or share the directory either...and this is a large chunk of the reason why. (Limewire choking if you share 10,000 files is another. Illegal files masquerading as normal content is another. Other spams are another...)

This bullshit has to end. NOW.