Thread: 4.9.22
View Single Post
Old August 14th, 2005
Valued Member contributor

Grandpa will become famous soon enough

Well been running 4.9.22 a while now everything seem to have settled down now it is no longer falsely detecting a firewall. It will not connect as UP in UPnP mode though no big deal. It seems to stay connected when Idle every time I checked had the 1 connection UL only I did not notice it dropping to 1 when DL will have to check that latter. DL speeds and UL speeds good, good search results. Left ruining all night all was fine in the morning rather pleased with memory usage the highest I saw was 70MB with heavy searching and DL and when it finishes its tasks it will drop back down to around 50MB if there was a memory leak in previous versions I think you have a handle on it now. Al above was in UPnP mode listening on port 6346 Through Linksys router model# BEFSR41 ver3 comcast cable capable of 700 DL 45 UL I still occasionally have to reset router because INTERNET becomes very slow UL set at 35 after reset INTERNET speeds return to normal. I have not tested much while Port forwarding yet results were pretty crappy when I tried earlier UP dropped to 23 connections when searching and DL and would not connect to anymore host I let it run for a hour after DL completed it just sat there at 23 connections. Any way it appears to be pretty stable to me after the initial problems.

java.com - Hot Games, Cool Apps

A little common sense goes a long way

Later Grandpa