View Single Post
Old August 19th, 2005
Gnutella Muse

Dagam3 is flying high

Quote:
Originally posted by ultracross
you shouldnt have shutdown you computer i guess? most likely you were downloading from one source. the network is very dynamic. this goes with any network and any application. you can only blame yourself for thinking the file would still be available from the same source when you get back online. moral of the story: if your that close to finishing the download, why not let it download.
No ofense ultracross but I thinc you should read this before you even thinc about talking...

Q: Can I resume the download of a file?

A: As of the current release, there is a "forced resume" button, which allows users to restart a download from the download window. "Smart downloading" will try to "auto-resume" your file if needed.

Q: What happens to my active downloads if I exit LimeWire?

A: If you exit the LimeWire program, any downloads that were in progress will terminate at this time. These downloads will resume the next time you start the program, but only if the host of that download is connected to the Gnutella network.

Q: Where are my files stored before they have completed the download process?

A: They are stored in an "Incomplete" directory. Click the "Library" tab to view.

Q: Can I "preview" files before they have completed downloading?

A: You can preview in-progress downloads of media files by simply double clicking on the name of a file currently being downloaded or pressing the "Launch" button after highlighting the file being downloaded.

Q: Does LimeWire preserve the state of downloads in the case of a system crash?

A:Yes. LimeWire will generally behave as if you had quit the program. (See above.)

and you can read more here http://www.limewire.com/english/content/faq.shtml#dow5

I don't see any specification that you should not shutdown your computer........

Quote:
Originally posted by ultracross
moral of the story: if your that close to finishing the download, why not let it download.

Yes???...???... than what is the moral of "resuming download" function in this program ???????????

And you know what: What are functions of the program that you are testing. 'cose I saw that you are a beta tester???? Have you ever tested this function and alway worked impecably for you. If yes, than I thinc that you are just a normal user...

Again sorry for my tone no ofense, no bad meanings!