View Single Post
Old August 20th, 2005
Novicius

Brendan O'Keeffe is flying high

Quote:
Originally posted by Only A Hobo
OOPs your subject line mentions iPod but reading again you are not getting the tunes into iTunes. Re your question " Is there an easy way to check all my iTunes libary is MP3s" Right/control click on the title bar immediately above your tunes in iTunes and tick "kind" This will tell if you have mp3s m4as etc

Certain file types and 99% of proper Albumwraps will not automatically load into iTunes. You will need to go to your download folder and see if these files are there. If they are WMA for instance they will not open in iTunes but can be converted to mp3.. ask if you need more help on that. If there are mp3s ther double click them and they should open in iTunes unless they are faulty (and assuming iTunes is your default mp3 player).

I hope this is a bit of help. I am supposed to be working out how to use a digital camera so you think you've got problems...

Thanks for replying, Only A Hobo ("but one more is gone"). No, I AM getting the tunes into iTunes but not onto the iPod. I took your tip and ticked "kind" to find that all my tunes are either AAC, protected AAC or MPEG audio files (I went through all effin' 8,000-plus of them. So there are no WMAs or other rogue files in there. And of course when an MP3 is corrupt Limewire tells you so or you get an exclamation mark next the song title in iTunes. Good luck with the camera...