View Single Post
Old August 20th, 2005
Novicius

Brendan O'Keeffe is flying high

Quote:
Originally posted by Only A Hobo
I'm glad you are getting there ... a bit anyway.

In my first reply I said this, which i think, I gather, is still relevant:

"Did you get any error message from iTunes when you plugged in the iPod?
Is your iPod set to automatic update and do you load all your iTunes folders onto iPod?"

Also ... do you have any smart playlists which might exclude certain songs .. not likely, but I have discovered a problem there once or twice.
and ... Is your iTunes size a good amount less than your iPod capacity.
And for good measure ... are ALL you song ticked at the left had side?

A tip for the columns in iTunes ... if you click the top of a column, the list will arrange itself in the order of that column .. ie if you tick "kind" you will get all the mp3s together etc. saves you going through them all one by one!

If anything here makes no sense atall, it could be because I use a Mac and there may be differences I know nothing about.

If you need more help see if you can answer my questionnaire! and we'll try to sort it out
Well, I'd already thought of most of that stuff so that wasn't the problem. But obviously you weren't to know that, I hadn't mentioned that I'd already done those things.
But the tip about clicking the top of a column, that's really useful.

Know what the problem was? After racking my brains I realised, in downloading 8,300 or so tunes, I must surely have duplicated a few here and there. Which turned out to be the case - so far I've found about 10 songs which I'd duplicated in iTunes but which the iPod wasn't duplicating. So I'll get round to flushing out the other 30-plus soon enough and then presumably there'll no longer be a discrepancy in Ipod and iTunes totals.
As usual, a simple answer to an apparently mystifying problem. Sorry to have wasted your time, it was nice of you to help out.