Thread: mac install
View Single Post
Old August 20th, 2005
Novicius

plaguechild666 is flying high

1. 10.3.9 issues

-ive been up & down that list. installed, updated and disected that list.

2. Can't launch LW: Bouncing in Dock (click on link) & reinstall using Mac OS 10.3.9 combo update: OS 10.3.9 Combo installer (click on link)

-although i didnt have this problem (bouncing icons and such) i reinstalled anyways. what a waste of time.

3. Resolving Disk, Permission, and Cache Corruption

-this is the one that really had me worried.
again up and down, cleaned cahes, downloaded programs ect ect ect

4. java 1.4.2 update: http://www.apple.com/downloads/maco...aupdate142.html

-installer said i didt need it. said i had a version that did "not have to be updated"

5. Try deleting your LW preferences whilst LW is closed; found here: /Users/your_username/Library/Preferences/LimeWire

-last ditch effort. nothing again.

my father and i AND an aqqaintance of our all seem to have this problem on our 10.3.9s, if it was just me, id feel better knowing it was something wrong with MY computer only.

i dont know who dropped the ball here. Apple for not realizing despite their java fixes/updates they still havent fixed this problem or limewire for not stepping up to the plate and makin this work for us MAC users.

objectively i dont see why this dosent work. 2005 man and we're struggling with this?

either way im bummed. ive been quite the limewire lovin fiend in my time. guess i just gotta wait till a fix happens.