View Single Post
Old August 25th, 2005
Gnutella Jewel

mstfyd is flying high

Quote:
Originally posted by TomLa
I thought Deacon72 made a good point as to why some users may not share files, because they have a slow dial-up instead of a highspeed internet but the more I think about it some of those same people, who don't share their files, upload my files at way to fast of a pace for them to be using a dial-up network. So that can only mean that they just choose to not share files. I think I will look at each member individually and make a decision as to whether or not they are stingy. Those people I will use your way of blocking them. Thanks alot.
They might be afraid that the PTB will view their library, & they would be the next public example. Ethically though, that really should mean you shouldn't participate at all.

When I was on dialup, I never even thought about not sharing due to speed issues. Like that tv rotisserie, you just set it and forget it (usually overnight). Most of the time I'm sure people chose a faster connection source, if one was available. Unless a file is rare, I doubt anyone would pass by a cable or T1, & head straight for the modem . So its pretty rare for a modem to get swamped, even with larger files.