Thread: auto disconnect
View Single Post
Old August 26th, 2005
Novicius

oldgeek is flying high

I seem to have the problem where LW PRO 4.9.23
will SHOW it is disconnected and yet will still show files
downloading in the SEARCH tab DOWNLOADS section.

I find this confusing since the "bars" on the lower left corner of my window show all red and read "disconnected"

Also if I try to search at this time LW will state that I have no connection to the internet (yet I can surf with IE just fine so the connection is working).

LW will download files and search fine when it believes it is connected so I presume the firewall/port issues are set acceptably.

When I select connect I will get a connected (usually turbocharged) so once again things seem to be set correctly.

The "connection" seems to be lost if I leave the LW running, lock the XP screen and go away for several hours or overnight.

This did not happen with my previous installation of LW (4.9.11 PRO) , but it did START happening with LW 4.9.18 BETA. It does not seem to happen if I REGRESS to 4.9.11 PRO.

That would seem to me it has been introduced since 4.9.11

I seem to remember one of the new features was enhancements to "long connections" of LW. Perhaps someone knowlegable in that area may take a look.

I am runing:

Windows XP PRO on an HP a450n
512MB Ram
over 5 GB free disk
DSL internet connection
3 GHz (HT) processor
LW 4.9.23 PRO
Java 1.5.0_04

If I can be of more help, please let me know. I think this is a good product and I would like to see it as error free as possible.

Thanks.