View Single Post
Old August 27th, 2005
+Modérateur à ses heures+

et voilà is a great assister to others; your light through the dark tunnel

First let me say that the interface is much better in osx and windows xp. Congrats.

Now the things that are irritating me

1) the size column with all the file sizes displayed in KB, that should be like a system that makes differences between units. I think that a max of two digits after the dot should be allowed to display those numbers
For files below a MB: display ie 875 KB
For files over a MB: display 22,5 MB
For files over a GB: 1,21GB

Those speed number should also be changed in the download tab, it will use less space in numbers and be much less confusing.

2) is the rating column still relevant? I see that it could be useful in trying a source over another, but... I don't think this is really useful since users prefer files with the most sources.

3)For downloads, upon busy host, Phex still keep those guys in the active sources from which it tries to download. It should try another source ASAP and only keep downloading/queued hosts. While they deserve to be kept in the alt-loc mesh, those sources have 90% chances to be no help for the particular dl the user just started. This will improve dls speeds tremendously.

4) since there is a view menu with all the hide/show options, what is the purpose of the icons column as show as attachment? That's the most ugly piece of the Phex interface IMO

All for this version. Looking forward testing the next improved Phex. Good work guys.
Attached Images
File Type: png image 2.png (5.3 KB, 169 views)