View Single Post
Old August 27th, 2005
Public Enemy #1

banmicrosofttoo is flying high

I run Tor as a server also. You can use it for any program that asks for a HTTP server and a port. IM programs, IRC chat programs, web browser, etc.

I think this will work for a lot of the users here. I got bored and thought about to help everyone out with Tor. I knew Tor had the potential because I think most admins can't block it because all the data is transferred over port 80/tcp.

If this works for you, tell us what ISP you were being blocked from accessing p2p and we'll add it to the list

EDIT. damn, hit a bump. a host is blocking 6346/tcp. i'm not suprised. they might do the block on their own Tor server for liability purposes, but the Tor servers aren't supposed to log, nor have firewall rules, however I'm sure the host I'm using has 6346/tcp blocked it might happen all the sudden because hosts change quickly, often without you noticing.

you'll notice this on the Tor window

Aug 27 16:32:57.144 [notice] Tried for 60 seconds to get a connection to [scrubbed]:6346. Giving up.

Basically means everything is lagged on Tor, so disconnect, wait 10 minutes and reconnect with Limewire.

Last edited by banmicrosofttoo; August 27th, 2005 at 01:55 PM.