View Single Post
Old August 27th, 2005
On Holiday

Only A Hobo is a great assister to others; your light through the dark tunnel

This has been a good thread .. thanks to you both for the read. Perhaps it is that, with me too, complacency is setting in. Using a Mac helps, as we Mac owners know that nothing will invade our machines ...... until probably the day after tomorrow. ...... Bobs link had not escaped my notice. It was just very much at the back of my mind since I use neither Windows nor Internet Explorer . It would be wise to re-phrase my remark to " I would like to think that the hackers are more likely to go after the Banking and Govenment sites than you or I but that might be being a little optimistic but I think it is fair to say that I have nothing on this machine that could give them much joy!. I use Opera for making payments and my accounts and so on are on another ancient computer never connected to the net.

The great wealth of information available on the web can only be a good thing even if it is largely rubbish. At least it is not the 99% rubbish in the newspapers. In certain countries, I know, there is a lot of internet censorship, but in the western world I think it is too big now for any one to try to put brakes on it.

Enjoy the music Edward, that's what I came here for