View Single Post
Old August 28th, 2005
Novicius

Crazycatlady is flying high
Default new version keeps disconnecting

Yeah, dial up sucks! I tried to get cable or high speed but they don't have it out here, which is ridiculous, because about 2k away there is a bunch of subdivisions that do have it. Apparently, where I live is "zoned for industrial" and does not have lines etc out here.

The problem isn't that I'm getting disconnected from the internet, my internet stays on. It's just LimeWire that keeps shutting down, so I know I am still connected to the internet because I am usually chatting and that works fine. But now that I start the new version of LimeWire, it works for a bit then disconnects itself - I can't figure out why. Is there a setting I should try, or something that I need to do to turn off this disconnect? Once, it said LimeWire was running in "sleep mode" whatever that is, it WAS disconnected at the time. I never put it on sleep mode, and I can't even find anything in options that says sleep mode. This is very frustrating, because I can't sit at the computer all day to keep reconnecting it every time it shuts itself down.

I never had this problem with the 4.8 version of LimeWire. Is there any way I can get rid of this new version and go back to the old one that never gave me any problems?
Thanks!!!
ccl