View Single Post
Old August 28th, 2005
Novicius

Crazycatlady is flying high
Default New version disconnecting

Hi,
I ran the older version of limewire for a few months, with no problems at all. Then I got the updated version, LimeWire 4.29.28, and for some reason, once I start it it runs for a few minutes (usually 10-15 min) then it disconnects itself. It stays on the screen and looks like it is running, but I can't do more searches, and the files are not uploading, it says it is disconnected from the network, though the time flashes keep going. I am not being disconnected from the internet because most of the time I am online chatting or checking out websites as well as using LimeWire.
I have a dial up connection (unfortunately, the rural area where I live does not have high speed or cable ). It takes a long time to even get a file, and now with LimeWire disconnecting every few minutes, I either have to spend all my time checking the darn thing and reconnecting it, or my files just don't finish downloading. I used to leave it on while I slept, and have my files waiting for me the next day, but now I can't do this either.
Does anyone know anything I could do to fix this? This problem did not occur with the previous version of LimeWire. I'm pretty new to computers, and really hope someone out there can instruct me on how to change LimeWire 4.29.28 so it stops disconnecting.
Thank you !!