View Single Post
Old August 29th, 2005
Nam Vets Forever

deacon72 is flying high

Been busy this weekend so I tried to leave LimeWire run.

Found the same disconnect notice Fabion did for the past several mornings and evenings. Downloads seemed to be continuing, but could not reactivate my searches until I connected again. My downloads had gone to 3 @ 0 kb in the best scenario. Uploads were stilll at 19 @ 34 kb. (all approximate) My TCP and UDP settings are CORRECT and I have sufficient PORTSenabled. My UPnP is enabled. MY settings here on my end and my understanding of this program are better now than it was back with 4.8.1.

Conclusion: somewhere in the code there is a glitch.This glitch has been present in the past several, if not most releases, of the 4.9 series, but is not in 4.8.1. I have 2 machines on this home network. One is running 4.8.1 and has NO disconnect issues. This one is running 4.9.28 and as stated has disconnect issues and has had since several weeks ago. There are no more tweakings that I can do or that I can do to make LimeWire work. Imagine the consternation of the average user and the ramifications if this disconnect issue is not resolved. As I sit here typing I was disconnected, again. The other computer is still connected.