View Single Post
Old August 30th, 2005
Novicius

SDGIRLJOYCE is flying high
Unhappy

IM WITH YA ON THIS ONE.
I am having a few problems with the new Limewire
I can rarely browse & the only time I can download is if I unblock the individual ip #

I have all my ports set correctly. Spent hours reading all the newbie posts & every post I could find on firewall issues.
I am using McAffe Personal Firewall & have been the whole time I have used Limewire.
I never had a problem until the new versions starting 2 weeks or so ago.

Before I downloaded this latest version the one before this one started the problems for me. Sadly the site does not have the version I used before. I have erased my .limewire folder, then gave up & reinstalled. My windows xp firewall is off.
I saw some detailed instructions on ports in a post & I believe one mentioned port 80 setting, I cant find the post anymore but that worked before I downloaded this last time today.

I thought the latest version would be the fastest I should of stuck with what I had...lol

If anyone knows what else I need to set my firewall at, I have already done the 6346 but there was another step that did the trick for me last time....please post if anyone has a clue.

I have read everything in here on firewalls that I can find & my test is showing that port 6346 is open but I still cannot d/l unless I can search the Ip, browse, then write it down & unblock individually.

Thanks for all the great tips in here, I am still trying...

sdgirljoyce