View Single Post
Old November 13th, 2001
Novicius

tlh1005 is flying high
Exclamation Sweattin' the small stuff

All of the post about the adware addition to Limewire just seems ridiculous. I don't want to see ads when I am surfing etc... but I can understand them being part of free software since I am NOT paying for it. How many times must it be said that you have the option to NOT install the adware??? Are some of you merely ****ed off because Limewire developers are even giving the notion that they'd like some support? Just what in the hell is wrong with that? And for you gripers about not wanting to pay for any open source code... the fact of the matter is, you are or have in the past benefitted from the efforts of the developers at Limewire. Say what you want about the program, you like it, you benefit from it, and you pay NOTHING for it. Most of you cannot dispute this fact..... if none of these things were true you wouldn't adamatly post over and over, bashing any of the changes. I use limewire and it has its good things and its bad things for me..... obviously the good far outway the bad, I use it. If I have to view a view ads to download the content I want, so be it. If it was soooooo easy to earn a living and at the sametime develop gnutella software that worked well, don't you think more people would be doing it??? Why aren't you developing your own client that works so well, without adware, and for free. Quit your normal job, devote 20+ hours a week to development and even more to support and questions/rants from people about what THEY want from your software. Pay the cost of bandwidth and other costs of running such a program. How well do you think you'd fare???? How spoiled have we gotten??? Give these guys a break!!!!