Thread: subscription
View Single Post
Old September 3rd, 2005
Valued Member

ukbobboy01 will become famous soon enough

cutiepatutie

Your question:
Quote:
does this mean Limewire did not get the money?
LW did not get your money, the scam site did and all you got in return was a URL link to LW Basic.
Quote:
I also did what the above poster did, I thought I was siging up for lifetime memebership.
LW does not have a lifetime membership or any other membership to do with the purchase of LW. LW Basic is free and LW Pro cost $18.88, and for that you get six months worth of updates/upgrades.

Finally, you asked:
Quote:
I still get prompt for me to get limewire pro and I thought I had that. Would it asked me to upgrade to pro when I already have it? Everything seems to be working find and I don't want to upgrade like it keeps asking me to.
I strongly believe that all you got was a download link to LW Basic, which you now have, and LW Basic will keep reminding you to upgrade to LW Pro.

If everything is working fine for you then, as you say, do not upgrade to LW Pro if you don't want to.

However, I would strongly advise you to contact your credit card company and try to get your money back because all the scam-site did was direct you to download a free product, the lifetime membership is a sham and does not exist.

Good Luck.

UK Bob

Last edited by ukbobboy01; September 3rd, 2005 at 04:11 AM.