View Single Post
Old September 3rd, 2005
+Modérateur à ses heures+

et voilà is a great assister to others; your light through the dark tunnel

Salut Gregork, I appreciate your work.

1)

aren't sha1 better than that? And since Phex groups same sha1 (same file size also) together... Really, I never would have found a use for that in 4 years of P2P usage... Do you see me recommend a file of 7 908 345 bytes to someone else?

Ya transfer rates, sorry Very confusing stuff even for me, I feel it is also for 99,5% of the P2P population. A display of 23,5kB/s is much more efficient and P2P users are used to it (hell majority don't understand the diff between kB and kb... Edit: the column size showing the number of bytes downloaded over the totla number of bytes is what I meant (I believe). It should state 8,3 mB of 701,3mB.

3) Edit: .89 seems to do correct here. I removed prefs before installing, and I'm firewalled this time (intentional, bien sûr!)

4) didn't see that option, sorry. But default should be without it, with option to make it appear. The iconbar is confusing and even with better icons it clutters the screen. Default matters, and Phex GUI would be much more appealing to new users without it. Remember I'm a poor Mac user and interface is important (I know, I know, you are a coder so the efficient GUI thingy is not the same )

I quite don't agree in making Phex prefs a .phex folder. That's one of the things I hate the most about UNIX apps philosophy. At the very least they should be in the Phex folder or simply comply to the different OS prefs traditions. A readme should say that you only drag and drop updates files in the Phex folder which would avoid deleting Phex prefs. We gotta think user friendly here.

Ciao! Danke

Last edited by et voilà; September 3rd, 2005 at 09:55 AM.