View Single Post
Old September 3rd, 2005
A reader, not an expert

stief has a spectacular aura about

For others to find and download your files, your LimeWire needs to be connected and running.

Since yours was the host beginning with IP 69. (the rest I omitted for your privacy), you were connected at that time, but if others were downloading from you and using up all your upload slots, then that might explain why I couldn't download.

There is a special case where you can send files even if your LimeWire isn't connected to any other hosts. For example, you can email a link to your files called a magnet link (search these forums for "magnet" for the details on how to get LimeWire to make a magnet that you can send to others).

Magnet links are special, but we aren't allowed to post them in this forum. As long as your computer is connected to the internet and LimeWire is running, your LimeWire will send the file to a magnet request, even if LimeWire isn't connected to any hosts. Cool, eh?

LW just needs to be connected to other hosts in order to give replies to regular searches. I just wanted to point out that magnet requests are a little different.