Thread: Slow downloads
View Single Post
Old September 4th, 2005
Gnutella Muse

Sgt is flying high

Hi JustinCredible

I am now having the same problem as you, also it seems that since I started using 4.9.28, that I'm having a lot of Transfer Interrupted uploads, went back to 4.9.23 where I wasn't having problems, but that now seems the same, I think that personally the network is having problems. Also something i've noticed is that a lot of the P2P programs are now becoming the same, my ISP which is Demon does not restrict my use of the internet, but what they have done is kept it to 256 upload which is about 31KB/s which realisticly is about 27KB/s upload, which lately on the P2P networks I've come no where near it uploading and I only upload 1 File at a time unless I know it's somebody is on 56k modems then I open up another slot, which gets their files up faster.

I have also noticed a great decrease on the download speed, even if I have say 200 sources, Limewire only downloads from 10 sources at a time, but even on the other P2P networks which will take from as many sources as possible, iv'e noticed that I'm lucky to get a 25KB/s download which is pathetic on a 250KB/s download connection, so I've come to the conclusion that the networks are now in a mess, also I've noticed a marked decrease in speed from Emule.

Sgt