View Single Post
Old September 6th, 2005
Enthusiast

LeonMcS is flying high

I remember the days before P2P.
Pre ordering the latest release, paying top dollar and then getting (if your lucky) 3 or 4 good songs per album. And then a few months later when they toured here in Australia re-releasing the album as a special tour edition with an extra cd of 5-6 songs.
Hello? Loyal customer, spent my money and now I'm behind in the deal? And this was back in the days of cds being $30 each. You can't tell me the record companies weren't killing the pig back then.
A few years later my entire cd collection was ripped off. I lost over 200 cds, all paid for, all original. I was so devastated I didn't buy another cd for 5 years.
Nowadays we can get around this. I still buy cds, but only if they offer quality and are from artists I really like. Thanks to LW, I've probably gone out and bought more than I would have after checking out some singles. Amazing how prices have dropped since P2P has come in. And while profits may be dropping for the recording companies, they are still making a profit. Just not at the level they were when they had us all by the...bails. (Its Ashes time!)
Makes me laugh when I see music companies these days crying unfair...