View Single Post
Old September 6th, 2005
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

Sgt get your geography correct, yes what you said is a concern in USA & UK, but it hasn't been in the land of oz. No there's been no 12 year olds getting busted in oz. As pointed out above, there's been extremely limited action against individual persons. And that's only because they took full advantage of every single option that came to them & abused the hell out of all options. These people were basically no better than the scammers that people get hit with when trying to get a hold of LimeWire. The people who take a mile when there's an inch to spare. That's very different to the average user. If it was to be a major issue here then we'd sure to hear about it thru the government's thoughts, intentions & changes to the laws. Besides, those international music companies that have bought out local music companies & knocked off local music bands off their recording lists & contracts in favour or their international concepts, might well be careful of their reputations in such a smaller market where market share plays oh such an important part. A controversy they could least afford if people were to start to kick up a rage & abort buying their products. A backlash I would happily support. One of my favourite bands has had to start their own company after being dumped by one of these new international companies. Despite one of their albums never having dropped out of the top 100 in the past 30+ years. I found this out from the manager of the no.1 music (chain) store in this city.

Last edited by Lord of the Rings; September 6th, 2005 at 04:13 PM.