View Single Post
Old September 7th, 2005
Valued Member

ukbobboy01 will become famous soon enough
Default Lifetime Membership

Dear Alfred

You said:
Quote:
They offered a lifetime membership for $34.95 and a two year plan for $.99 per month. The downloads would be free (and they have been). I chose the two year plan. Soon a charge showed up on my CC account for $24.95. I asked them about this. After an exchange of emails they converted my account to a lifetime account for no extra charge. I got a warm feeling.
I would like to ask, you have now got a lifetime membership, to what exactly?

So, this scam site (AllCoolMusic) decided to rip you off for $24.95 instead of $34.95 with an additional 99c per month and you are happy?

Alfred, let me explain the facts of life.

a) Your lifetime membership is to NOTHING because the so-called club you have bought into does not exist.

b) LW Basic is free and LW Pro cost $18.88, for that you get 6 months worth of updates/upgardes, and is available from here:

http://www.limewire.com/english/content/download.shtml

c) Get on to your credit company, tell them you have been conned, and get your money back.

d) The P2P network consist of thousands of PC users like you and me from around the world, running LW, LWPro or some other P2P software on their PCs, this is what enables you to connect to and download from them and, likewise, them from you.

e) Because the P2P network consist of thousands of individually owned PCs no one has the right to or can sell you access to this network, access is freely available.

f) No one, no company or organisation can promise or guarantee that you will be able to download anything from the P2P network, PC users/owners (only) decide what they will put on and make available to share from their PCs.

There are probably another dozen of so points I could make but I think you now have the gist of it.

Alfred, do not let the scammers get away with selling you nothing, try and get your money back.

UK Bob

Last edited by ukbobboy01; September 7th, 2005 at 03:22 AM.