View Single Post
Old September 8th, 2005
Novicius

mdanens is flying high
Question Never over 30-50kB/s on very fast conn.

Been using LW quite some time now and content about it. BUT..

what is comes down to is I can't get above 30-50kB/s DL speed.
At start it occasionally will go above 100kB/s but longer than 10 secs and it droppes back to the 30-50. Goes for large/small files
much/few resources.

I'm on a 20Mbit (2,5 mB/s) down and 1Mbit (100 kB/s) up cable conn (chello voor NL'ers) here at home, and my neighbour busts my LW speeds with
his 4Mbit dsl and it ****** me off

On the other hand, I can download lots of files at the same time
so that LW says 20 @ 800 kb/s for example next to the lil'blue globe left below in the screen. But still none of the DL's seperately are above 50 kB/s . So it should be possible to get higher individual results. with searching all goes well. Get up to 300 sources on popular files. usally get 5-8 sources on (long) file DL's

Here's what I've checked/done so far:
- new router (wrt54g) and knowing that ports on router are open (Upnp)
--- port test and globe icon in lw is excellent
- all LW settings that 'could' affect are set properly/tested for differences incl. supernode on/off. (Not quite searching in that direction)
- tried both wireless and cable conn from router to computer
- tried LW pro
- been using a year or so now, so several installs of both LW and WinXP pro further.
- other TCP and UDP ports, manually configured

I'm hoping somebody could tell me something about the influence of:
- the number of uploads and slots allowed by me (currently set to 3 and 3 slots and DL. (rewardsystem?)
- the receive and or transmit window you have to set in windows itself
-the big amount of connections that eMule/eDonkey makes in relation to other p2p programs
-other things that all of y'all intelligent ppl can tell me to solve this 'luxury' problem besides "don't bother, u'r Dl'ing right" or "adjust the DL bandwidth-slider more to the right in options"

TYFYT reading. TYFYT replying!!

Dennis