Thread: An Apology
View Single Post
Old September 8th, 2005
Enthusiast

ldeanjames is flying high

Wow, London! I'll bet it's a great city. And I'll bet I could get so lost in it so easily. I'm one of those awful Anglophiles who love reading British mystery novels and watching movies with foreign backdrops. I also love historical novels about 14th century England. Dorothy Dunnett wrote my all time favorite series set in Scotland, England, France, Malta and Turkey.
Where do you work? How hard is it to find a flat? Do you have a place with room for a little garden or is it strictly downtown living? Aren't I nosey? Got family, too?
I work for UPS TeleServices, which means I'm a tech lead of a team of agents who takes calls to fix our shipping software. It's the third biggest employer in the US, behind the government and the military. It's also the eighth largest in the world. A good corp to work for if you have to work for one.
I didn't even know how to cut and paste in Windows when I took the job. Now I'm crazy about computers, but not rich enough like some of my co-workers who build their own with the best goods around.
I've probably bored you enough. And since I have a 5 a.m. shift, I think I'm going to wind down for the night. Don't worry, I'll think of some more questions to harrass you all with. I really appreciate all the help from others more technical than me. You are all the best! Have a good one...