View Single Post
Old September 8th, 2005
Apprentice

Indigenous is flying high

I tried 4.0 and a couple others toward the bottom of the list at oldversion.com. I deleted the .limwire folder in documents and settings each time.

Can you give us a total desciption of your set up:
1. OS version? Windows XP Home Edition w/sp2

2. Connection type? Fixed base wireless/broadband

3. Modem & router brand name & model numbers? No Modem or rounter. ORiNOCO PC Card (5 volt) manufactured by Lucent Technologies. Not sure on model #.

4. Where are you trying to connect from? Connecting from home.

5. What version of Limewire (LW) & Java do you have? LimeWire 4.9.28 PRO / Java 1.5.0_04

6. Who is your isp provider? Netride

7. Are you sharing the connection with other computers or p2p sharing programs? No.

8. Do this simple test for us. Using your browser go here: http://www3.limewire.com:6346/ The page should say 'Your test worked!'. Test Worked...

At www.grc.com I also performed a test on port 4346. The port was closed when limewire was inactive and open when limewire was trying to connect. The message I get from limewire tells me that my computer doesn't have an internet connection or is being blocked by a firewall, even when my firewall is off. The little globe icon next to the connection status shows a wall in front of it. There have been a couple of ocassions where I made connection all the way to 'turbo charged' but the connection deteriorated after only a few minutes. But on my last several attempt I haven't even gotten up to poor...lol

By the way....Thanks for for your responce and assistance!

Last edited by Indigenous; September 8th, 2005 at 10:19 PM.