View Single Post
Old September 4th, 2000
Devotee

DarthGummiBear is flying high
Question Client compatibility?

I have further reason to believe that there may be a compatibility issue between clients. I notice that most of the time i seem to be connected to hosts, because i get bombarded with searches and such and other messages. But the hosts never get recorded in the catcher, and host data numberhosts/files/size never registers.

This with the combination of complete newbie users using insane settings like 20connections, etc. are seriously hurting the network.

---------------------------------
I was watching the search monitor today, and was noticing some seriously funky looking search strings, using lots of extended ascii and such.
Perhaps this is related to the problems people have been having lately.

The other thought i had was maybe there is a compatibility issue between clients gnutella/gnotella/furi/toadnode.

Thoughts? comments?

------------------
You fell victim to one of the classic blunders. I switched glasses when your back was turned, you fool! There are two famous don't do's in history. One is never get involved in a landwar in aisa, but only slightly less well know as this! never get involved with a sicilian when death is on the line! hahahahah! hahahaha! hahah—-(topples over dead)

[This message has been edited by DarthGummiBear (edited 09-04-2000).]