View Single Post
Old September 11th, 2005
On Holiday

Sphinx is flying high

Dont worry, Im not here to post but must ask Grandpa what version of Bearshare Lite did he dl? and if he downloaded it from the official site and since everyone keeps telling me how wrong I always am, am curious: did you find any bundled spyware in Bearshare Lite? You are too biased as you are used to LW.

That happens. I have used Bearshare for a long time and prefer it over LW because it produces much more results and I dont have to pay for a Pro version to get more. The Lite version is just that, there are no bells or whistles and no added bullsh*t with the program and java crap either so, in defense, I will always stickup for Bearshare Lite.

My version of Bearshare Lite is: 5.0.2. Just so you know. And still think BL has better speed than Limewire. I can download a song in a matter of seconds, even on my capped bandwith. The search doesnt bog down and comes up instantly If I had to compare speed, BL wins and works really well with firewalls and had never had any problems and the files are so much easier to see. And, you can see the files thare are being transfered back and forth from downloads/uploads. LW is too much configuring and that turns me right off.

I am most curious to see what Spyware you keep talking about in Bearshare Lite as I as a mere user, have not come across any. I will most likely give up on LW and stick with the light weight of Bearshare lite. LW is becoming a java hog & bloatware.

I think all beginners of P2P should startout with Bearshare Lite, less BS to put up with and it works instantly. and yea, I wanted to add my two cents worth.

(my opinion)

Last edited by Sphinx; September 11th, 2005 at 09:00 PM.