View Single Post
Old November 14th, 2001
Unregistered

Thumbs up

Morgwen. I am not the only one, I am sorry to tell you.
I am really *****d off with it. I am the kind of user that installed a new motherboard, new sound card, new video card, and configured Windows without reinstalling it and it all worked perfectly. I gave support to hardware vendors many times, helped people configure their software. Friends call me to help them solve their problems with their computers. I am not bragging about it. I am telling you the truth: I am almost giving up.
I can use all other Gnutella software with better results in my searches.
I really loved Bearshare, I told everybody I know to use it.
I won't bother you with it anymore. I really appreciate the time you took to answer, but either there is something really beyond my control happening here, or I am getting crazy.
Everything works perfectly, including Linux versions of Gnutella software. Bearshare won't work like before.
What is happening? I really don't know. Bad luck? I know I am not the only one with all these problems. Things should really be simpler: you start the software, it connects, you do a search, you get a result and download. It was simple before, just that way. Now you have to do it all by hand, and it still won't work.
I got so upset about it that I had to tell somebody about my experiences with it. A kind of teraphy, I believe.