View Single Post
Old September 12th, 2005
On Holiday

Only A Hobo is a great assister to others; your light through the dark tunnel

mtntravler said what I would have said. The latest versions do not have a "force resume" and afaik "find sourses" does exactly the same thing, but I could be corrected on this.

It is sometimes a nuisance when you have a queue downloading and for some reason the transfer gets interrupted and you return to find all the files awaiting sources. Resume restarts the download no problem. I wish LW could somehow differenciate between this situation and a genuine "need more sourses" situation.

The feature does not automatically look for sourses because, we have been told many times, if this was automatic it would place an unbearable strain on the Gnutella Network.

I hope this helps answer your query (and please don't cross post as that puts a strain on the members who try to help )

I repeat what mtntravier said
" One suggestion is to search for the file again. It usually will find the same file and start downloading it again. If not, the file isn't available on the network, and you'll need try to find it another time."
and add that a new search will probably give more similar versions of the same file, which will not start automatically, but you can select your choice and download yourself.