View Single Post
Old September 13th, 2005
On Holiday

Only A Hobo is a great assister to others; your light through the dark tunnel

First thing You must read the forum rules at the top of the forum page. and do not post including names as you have.

Secondly you have posted in the Bearshare forum which is fine if you are using Bearshare ... you do not say.

Third and most important is this. You can only download of another host if they are on line. If you switch off they may think you have finished and switch off too. If you leave your download running throught the night, which many users do, he will possibly see you are still downloading and leave his application running for you. There is no guarantee, and very often hosts just switch off without a thought for the person at the other end. This is a feature of p2p which is something you just have to get used to.

So next day you find you need more sourses and you search for more sourses and if no one on line has what you are looking for you will be out of luck. You may find only one host has the file you want and you may have to wait a week or a month for him to come back on line.
You keep the incomplete file... you will see it in library > incomplete files. If you re-search for the file, it may turn up with a broken folder icon. This you should be able to download from where you left off. If there are just stars beside it, it is a slightly different file and you will probably have to start from scratch.

Check one thing to make sure you do not loose the incomplete file. Go to options or preferences in Limewire.> saving> days to keep incomplete files and put in a high number of days. I use 300

You said "Would i have to delete my previous download of the file for it to be restored on search results" NO

i hope this helps.